The Shopify GitHub integration lets you make and track changes to theme code using Git. This blog explains how to install the Shopify Online Store GitHub app to connect a branch as a theme test the connection.
Step : 1 Connect to a GitHub organization or account
Before starting with the Shopify GitHub integration, you need to connect a GitHub organization or account to Shopify.
If you’re using a new development store, then you can’t set up the GitHub integration on the initial login after the store is created. To connect to GitHub successfully, you need to log out of the store, then log in to it again through the Partner Dashboard.
- From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
- In the Theme section, click Add theme > Connect from GitHub.
- In the Connect theme pane, click Log in to GitHub.
- Enter your GitHub credentials.
- You’re prompted to authorize and install the Shopify Online Store GitHub app. Select whether you want to install the app on your personal account or for your organization.
- If you’re installing the app for an organization, then choose whether to install the app for all repositories, or select repositories. Shopify recommends only granting access to specific repositories that you want to use with this integration.